Tower Hill Plantation

-1748-

Subtitle

Tower Hill Plantation site was created in 1721 in a land grant of 3000 acres from King  George 1  to John Couturier.  In 1748 a Manor house was built where the buildings are now. The Manor was first burned during the Civil War, perhaps by General Sherman's troops or perhaps by slave riots. The artifacts found here tell that there were troops from both sides of the Civil War on the property during those years.